MyFireWatch allows you to interactively browse satellite observed hotspots. This information is not to be used for the preservation of life or property. Please refer to your state local emergency services.
MyFireWatch map symbology has been updated. Please refer to the legend.
- The hotspot map updates every 2 to 4 hours, depending on satellite availability.
- The colour of the icon does not indicate the severity of a fire.
- The red dot icon represents a hotspot detected in the last 12 hours. Other icons show hotspots detected 12 to 72 hours ago.
- Satellites detect heat sources above a certain temperature. Most hotspots are detected fires.
- If the satellite cannot see the ground through, for example, smoke and clouds, a hotspot won’t be detected.
- The accuracy of the hotspot location is within 2km. At the edge of satellite images, the location can be up to 5kms out.